Logitech Harmony and the Google Assistant Let You Control Your Living Room With Your Voice
Control Your TV Entertainment Experience in More Ways
Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:00 am PDT
LAUSANNE, Switzerland & NEWARK, Calif.
Public Company Information:
"Controlling entertainment is an important activity within the smart home and Logitech Harmony has been focused on optimizing the ways people can enjoy this. By working with Google, we are now able to make home entertainment even more seamless and fun."
LAUSANNE, Switzerland & NEWARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Logitech (SIX:LOGN) (NASDAQ:LOGI) announced Logitech Harmony hub-based products now work with the Google Assistant on Google Home, expanding the possibilities of in-home voice control. Now, you can control your home entertainment experience using Harmony Elite, Harmony Companion, and Harmony Hub, all with the power of your voice.
“Voice has a powerful role in simplifying the connected home experience and people absolutely love it,” said Renee Niemi, vice president and general manager of Logitech Smart Home. “Controlling entertainment is an important activity within the smart home and Logitech Harmony has been focused on optimizing the ways people can enjoy this. By working with Google, we are now able to make home entertainment even more seamless and fun.”
Starting today, you can start Actions on Google with any Harmony hub-based product and a Google Home by simply saying “Ok Google, ask Harmony to turn on my TV.” For example, you can turn on your TV to your favorite channel, set the lights, or control up to 270,000 other devices supported by the Logitech Harmony platform. Here are some of the ways you can control your TV experience using Logitech Harmony and the Google Assistant:
“Ok Google, ask Harmony to…”
- “...turn on Hulu or HBO GO.”—Popular apps installed on your Roku player can be launched with your voice
- “...turn on ESPN, ABC News or the Discovery Channel.”—Any of your favorite channels set up in a Harmony account can be triggered using your voice
- “...turn on my ‘Good Morning’ activity.”—When you set up an activity such as “Good Morning” in your Harmony account, you can set Philips Hue lights to warm colors, turn on a Nest thermostat and play music from your compatible living room speakers, all by using your voice
- “...turn up the volume.”—Using your voice, you can turn up or down volume and specify a value between one to 20
- “...skip forward or skip back.” —Google Assistant and Logitech Harmony allow you to skip forward or skip back on your content
To learn more how you can activate Logitech Harmony and Google Home to control your living room experience with your voice, visit myharmony.com/google-assistant.
Logitech Harmony Elite ($349.99), Logitech Harmony Companion ($149.99) and Logitech Harmony Hub ($99.99) are all available now at Logitech.com, Best Buy and Amazon.
Logitech designs products that have an everyday place in people's lives, connecting them to the digital experiences they care about. Over 30 years ago, Logitech started connecting people through computers, and now it’s designing products that bring people together through music, gaming, video and computing. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI). Find Logitech at www.logitech.com, the company blog or @Logitech.
2017 Logitech, Logicool, Logi and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s website at www.logitech.com.